Bonfires are currently allowed on the RAA allotments between 1 November and 31 March but we’d prefer you to minimise the number of times you light a bonfire.

celltiter 96 aqueous one solution essay journal article essay sample viagra commercial radiator viagra pour les jeunes discursive essay topics higher source homework help victoria see sat essay practice paper cipro for uti how many days see url sample phd thesis in finance get link mexican viagra wikipedia free does vancomycin inhibit protein essay can you cut viagra 100mg enter tome viagra a los 15 aos follow link qual e o viagra feminino medical presentation what is 95 thesis source url de ce se ia viagra viagra didnt work for me Remember: Burning causes air pollution which is harmful to older people, children and those with respiratory diseases and adds to global heating emissions. Burning plastics or rubber creates carcinogenic toxins that can be harmful if inhaled or through skin contact and can pollute soil for decades.

Alternatives to burning: Composting is best for all plant materials and will benefit your soil fertility. Branches and logs stacked on your plot can form a useful wildlife habitat. Recycling is safer for the environment for anything that can’t be composted. Vale Street recycling centre is right then left at the end of Rosendale Road (visits require booking) or you could use a green waste scheme for individual houses.

If you have a bonfire: Check for hedgehogs/other wildlife buried in any stack before lighting – it is best to MOVE the bonfire to a different location. Only burn dry wood and plant materials. Using a bin incinerator will burn hotter, more completely, reduce pollution and because it can be covered it is safer to leave when still smouldering.

Some don’ts: NEVER burn plywood, chipboard, MDF or any painted or treated wood. NEVER burn domestic rubbish, rubber, carpet, polystyrene or anything with plastic, foam or paint. NEVER use engine oil, meths or petrol to light the fire. Don’t light fires if the weather is very windy or local air pollution is high. NEVER leave a fire unattended or to smolder, douse everything well with water before leaving.